Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sugarpill Swatches

Here are swatches of the products I picked up during Sugarpill's Anniversary Sale.  They had their anniversary sale I belive Feb. 14 (cute right??).  It lasted 24 hours and they also had a little disclaimer for the palettes that said your order might not ship until Feb 20.  I still ordered because I didn't care how long it took I just wanted the palettes!!  I placed my order Feb. 14 at 9 or so in the morning.  I think I received a confirmation shortly after that.  My package didn't actually ship until Feb. 21 but it got here a day or so later.

There was a little mix up with my shipping confirmations (I had one in my order confirmation email and another on my Sugarpill account).  I emailed them in regards to my order and a wonderful lady named Trista responded within a couple of days (I'm sure they were receiving a lot of emails in regards to orders at this time).  She was very sweet and answered my question as best she could.  I received my package not too long after that.  Amy even signs all of the invoices!!  The only thing I regret is that I didn't order the Sugarpill cat sticker :(  I cannot believe I forgot that!  Oh well, there is always next time ;) Amy has been hinting to the release of a new palette next month!!  I can't wait!!!

I was finally able to get ahold of both palettes!!  I was terribly excited about this as I have been regretting not picking these ups while at IMATS LA last year!  There are two palettes (so far, although Amy has said they are releasing another palette next month!!):  the Burning Heart and Sweetheart palettes.

Here is just a quick price comparison between a couple of brands and their single eyeshadows in some sort of compact or case:

  • Sugarpill
    • 4 g/0.14 oz per eyeshadow single, $12
  • MAC
    • 1.5 g/0.05 oz per eyeshadow single, $15
  • Inglot
    • 2 g/0.07 oz per eyeshadow single (matte, pearl, and DS finish), $12
    • 2.4 g/0.08 oz per eyeshadow single (AMC, and AMC Shine finish), $12
Clearly you are getting way more for your money with Sugarpill and you are not sacrificing quality by any means, instead experiencing similar quality if not better!  The only thing other brands have over them is color range, but don't mistake that for lack of color because let me tell you, Sugarpill is definitely not lacking in this department!
The Burning Heart palette consists of the shadows FlamepointLove+Buttercupcake, and Poison Plum.  All of these shadows can be purchased separately from the palettes themselves.  If you buy they palette, you essentially get a free eyeshadow:  single pressed eyeshadows are $12 apiece.  Both palettes (which include 4 eyeshadows) it only costs you $34!!  So a free eyeshadow plus some, and on top of that I purchased during a their sale!!

On to the swatches.  Starting with the Burning Heart palette:


Burning Heart palette


Flamepoint


Buttercupcake


Love+


Poison Plum


Swatched in same order as photos

Next up is the Sweetheart palette, which consists of Dollipop, Afterparty, Midori, and Tako.  Again, all of these shadows can be purchased individually (although it's cheaper in the long run to purchase the whole palette if you can) and the price is $34 for the palette, $12 for individual shadows.

Swatches:


Dollipop


Afterparty


Midori


Tako

Midori is a little brighter green than what my picture shows.  And for some reason, both times I have done swatches of my Sugarpill stuff I forgot to take a picture of the Sweetheart palette open!!  I don't know if I assume that because I have photographed the Burning Heart palette that I already took the photo of the whole palette or what.  Either way, if I remember to snap one of this palette later, I'll throw it in the post.

The only shadow that I own as an individual eyeshadow is Bulletproof (which just happened to be the only pressed eyeshadow that I purchased at IMATS LA).  I have swatches of that on my website.  I will eventually move those over here I guess.

I only went with 4 chromalusts this time, but I plan on purchasing the rest of them eventually!  I got Tiara, Royal Sugar, Junebug, and Stella.  It was hard for me to pick which ones to get this time, but I have wanted Royal Sugar since IMATS LA (I don't know why I didn't pick this one up at the time!) and I had specific looks that I chose Stella and Tiara for.  And I couldn't resist getting a green and I was feeling Junebug!

All swatches were done on my bare forearm.  The top swatch is dry and the bottom swatch is wet.  I used a q-tip dipped in water for the wet swatches.  I also included some of the first swatches I did (I used Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion as a base for these swatches) because I feel the primer helps show the color better and I wouldn't apply anything without a primer to begin with.  The pictures of the packages were taken under an Ottlite (supposed to be really similar to daylight) which is the same light I film with.


Junebug



Stella


Tiara



Royal Sugar









Dry/Wet Tiara (L) Royal Sugar (R)


Dry/Wet Stella (L)  Junebug (R)

I am very happy with everything I have purchased so far and I cannot wait to buy more!  The only issue I have had to date is with Poison Plum.  It has a drier texture which makes it harder to work with.  You really have to build this color up slowly and be patient with it.  I should've included a swatch of PP and MUFE #92!  I'll add that later as well.  I hope you enjoyed my swatches and somewhat review.  Next up is my Magnolia Makeup stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment