Thursday, January 24, 2013

GRWM: Brown Smokey Eye

Hey guys!

I recently purchased some Makeup Geek eyeshadows and I've been trying to test wear time on them and just plain enjoy them.  The best "test" that I have is working a 12 hr shift.  Here is a simple smokey eye I did using Taupe Notch.  Sadly I forgot to take pictures of this look before I left.  I didn't even do a close-up shot in the video!  This is definitely a look I'll do again though so I'll take some pictures next time.

Products

Eyes

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original
Makeup Geek - Taupe Notch
Ben Nye - Black Brown (outer V and brows), Toast
MAC Kohl Power Eye Pencil - Feline
Milani Secret Cover Concealer Cream - Beige
Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette - Foxy + Bootycall
L'Oreal Voluminous waterproof Mascara - Carbon Black

Face

Revlon Colorstay Liquid Makeup 150 Buff Chamois + NYX HD Studio Photogenic Foundation 02 Soft Beige
Ben Nye Banana Powder + Maybelline Dream Matte Powder Sand
Revlon Blush - Softspoken Pink

Lips

Chapstick of some sort.  I tend to stay away from lip colors/gloss at work because I won't have the time to touch it up.


This look was a little more than I would wear on a regular day at work because I usually skip the liner and shadow on the lower lash line.  My lids and outer corner tend to get oily throughout the night and I just don't want to deal with falling makeup, even though my mascara is on my cheeks by the time I go home!

I plan on doing a more detailed review of MUG eyeshadows in the future as well as NYX HD Studio Photogenic Foundation (even though I don't wear it alone).  I definitely can't wait to purchase more MUG products though!!

XOXO

Taime

No comments:

Post a Comment