Saturday, April 21, 2012

Meredith Gentry Character Inspired Series: Queen Andais



Ever since I got into makeup I've wanted to do looks inspired by the characters from Laurell K Hamilton's Meredith Gentry series.  The series is told from the viewpoint of the mortal Princess Meredith, who fled from Cahokia, IL to Los Angeles, CA because people were trying to kill her.  She has been called back to Cahokia by her aunt, Queen Andais, for reasons unknown.  Merry herself appears "human" enough but her race of faerie, the Sidhe (pronounced "she") tend to look very exotic and one characteristic of Sidhe royals is tricolored irises.  For this look I chose to do Queen Andais whose irises are described as being charcoal, stormy grey and a very pale grey.  Here is the look I came up with:






 (this is my "I'm trying to look dark and mysterious" face)










This look was definitely one of the darkest ones I've done, rightly so because the character is certifiably insane!  I still have another look planned for Queen Andais, but I don't have quite the right colors yet.  Stay tuned for future character-inspired looks.  Let me know if you've read these books before!  I love to geek out with other LKH fans (usually if you've read one book and liked it you've read more!).

Products used:

Eyes -

UDEPP
Sugarpill - Bulletproof, Tako
Inglot - #339 M, #348 M
Inglot - #77 matte gel e/l
L'oreal Voluminous mascara w/p - Carbon Black
Miss Adoro #307 lashes

Face -

Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation - 200 Nude
Milani HD Advanced Concealer - 01 Light
Rimmel bronzer - Sunlight
Milani Baked blush - Rose D'oro

Lips -

Revlon Colorburst Lipbutter - Red Velvet

If you like paranormal/fantasy type books are romance doesn't bother I definitely recommend Laurell K Hamilton's books!!  The Meredith Gentry series has a crap ton of sex in it, but the story is really good and LKH is an excellent writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment