Monday, August 20, 2012

Makeup Monday: Hosted by ABrilliantBrunette.com



This is MM #3 hosted by the wonderful Jacqueline from ABrilliantBrunette.com.  This month's theme was "exotic birds".  As soon as I read that, I knew instantly what bird I would use for my inspiration:  the Superb Bird of Paradise.  The link will take you to National Geographic Magazine's website where I think they are showing behind-the-scene photos of how they get such wonderful pictures.  You can google Superb Bird of Paradise for some more wonderful pictures.
The first time I saw this bird was on Animal Planet, watching Planet Earth (or something similar).  It was a clip showing the mating ritual of the SBoP.  The male flares his chest and wings out to sort of resemble a face.  He then dances around and makes clicking sounds to try and impress a female enough to mate with her.  The male SBoP is black with a striking gradient of blues and greens.  The picture that I linked above shows the colors really well.  This video shows the iridescence of the colors really well.  This is what I tried to recreate in my makeup look.  I hope you guys enjoy this look!  I'll edit the video and post that to my YouTube channel later!








Products

Eyes - 

UDEPP
Milani Liquif'eye Metallic Eye Liner Pencil - Black
MAC - Jealousy Wakes
Inglot - #504 DS
NYX eyeshadow base - White
Sugarpill - Mochi, Bulletproof
Wet n Wild - Brulee
elf Liquid Liner - Black
Urban Decay - Supercurl Curling Mascara
Maybelline MegaPlush Volum'Express - Very Black
L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara - Carbon Black

Face - 

Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation - Sand Beige 180
NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder - Sunny
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - Sandstorm

Lips - 

fresh - Sugar Rose lip treatment

Don't forget to check out ABB for other MM looks!!!

2 comments: