Sunday, April 15, 2012

2-1 Daytime to Evening Greens



My boyfriend's brother recently got married and they chose a camo color scheme: them men wore camo vests and the bride's maids wore different shades of green gowns.  I had originally wanted to do AliciaD372's Berry Blast makeup then I remembered the camo theme.

During Mardi Gras, Magnolia Makeup had 50% off all of their green, purple and gold pigments.  I took major advantage of this sale!  I'll hopefully have swatches of everything up eventually.  Anywho, one of the pigments I purchased was Reptile.  Sadly this is already one of the pigments that's on their "last chance" list!!  It's a gorgeous medium, yellow-green with some green and gold flecks of glitter in it.  Green is my favorite color but I can honestly say I don't own any other color like this!  It's so unique, sparkly and pretty and bright and...anyways.  On to the look:






Eyes:

UDEPP
UD Cream Shadow - Grass
Magnolia Makeup - Reptile, Garden District
MAC - Humid
Avon Island Breeze quad - Island Breeze
Wet n Wild - Brulee
Ben Nye e/s - Black Brown (brows)
Jessie's Girl e/l - Poison Ivy
UD Supercurl curling mascara

Face:

Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation combo/oily - 200 Nude
Milani HD Advanced Concealer - 01 Light
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - 004 Sandstorm
NYX blush - Peach

Lips:

Rimmel - Airy Fairy

With just a couple of extra steps you can add some depth and drama to this more day-time approach above (well, day-time for me anyways).

First, grab a black shadow, I went with Sugarpill's Bulletproof.  Using a tapered blending brush, sweep the black from your outer corner into your crease and about 1/4 to 1/3 over your lid.  Next, take that same shadow and smudge it in between your lower lashes.  You can use a pencil brush to blend it down so you don't have a harsh line.  I skipped liner above, so this look is easily taken to the next level with some black liner.  I used a liquid liner on the upper lash line and gel liner on both my water lines, making sure there was no gap between my lashes and the shadows.  Finish the eyes with another coat of mascara and if you wish a pair of false lashes.  From there I added a deeper color blush to the cheeks and highlighted them as well.  You can also change your lip color if you so choose.  Here is the final look:





Eyes:

Suparpill - Bulletproof
UD 24/7 waterproof liquid liner - Perversion
Inglot matte gel eyeliner - #77
L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara

Cheeks:

Revlon blush - Smokey Rose

Lips:

Rimmel Moisture Renew l/s - Summer Angel

I hope you guys enjoyed this look!!  Until next time,

~Taime

No comments:

Post a Comment