Monday, April 2, 2012

Katniss Everdeen-Girl on Fire-District 12-The Hunger Games Inspired Look



If you've never read these books (I highly recommend them) they are a series of 3 books about a post-apocolyptic world, Panem, which is composed of 12 Districts and the Capitol.  Each district has a different specialty to generate revenue for themselves and ultimately provide luxury for the people of the Capitol.  Anywho, Katniss Everdeen is from District 12 and their specialty is coal mining.

I'm not quite sure if I will take this through all 12 districts (xsparkage has done this on her YouTube channel), but I definitely have looks for other characters in mind.  We will see.  In the book/movie, Katniss is known for being "the girl on fire" which is a reference to her dress (you'll have to read the books or watch the movie to find out why ;) ).  I tried to incorporate both the look and colors of fire as well as smoldering coals (orange, red, yellow, black).  This look also gave me a chance to use my Sugarpill Burning Heart palette!!  I am absolutely in LOVE with this company, from their products to their look (I will post a review/haul/photos later).

There were a few bumps in the road while filming this tutorial.




  • It was hot (our central air is broken!) and I had a fan blowing directly at my face!  My makeup was drying quicker and my eyes were getting irritated.
  • The blending and colors got a little out of hand and I had to fix one eye with some makeup remover.
  • One eye was different than the other.  I tried something on my right eye and it didn't come out how I wanted it to so I just completely skipped that step on my left eye but you can't tell the difference (hence why I skipped that step on my left eye)

All in all, I'm pleased with how the look came out.  I'm trying to film a different way (I used to do my left eye first then film my right eye): doing each eye, one step at a time.  This keeps me from forgetting steps and I don't have to worry about fall out because I also do my foundation last.  I also like that I can clean up my outer corner with makeup remover.  Now all I need to do is work on taking better pictures :D


All of my photos are unedited and taken with my Sony Handycam HDR-CX110 in natural light.









P R O D U C T S

E Y E S

UDEPP
Sugarpill - Burning Heart Palette (Love+, Flamepoint, Buttercupcake), Stella chromalust, Bulletproof e/s
Urban Decay cream shadow - Asphalt
Wet n Wild - Vanity palette (matte highlight)
Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on pencil - Perversion
Urban Decay 24/7 waterproof liquid liner - Perversion
Ardell false lashes - Demi Luvies
L'Oreal Voluminous waterproof - Carbon Black mascara

F A C E

Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation combo/oily - 180 Sand Biege
Rimmel Stay Matte powder - Sandstorm 004
Milani HD Advanced Concealer - 01 (light) undereye area
Milani Secret Cover Concealer Cream - Beige
Rimmel bronzer - Sunlight 001
Milani baked blush - Rose D'oro
Wet n Wild - Vanity palette (shimmery highlight)

L I P S

Revlon Color Burst lipstick - Carnation
Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick - Summer Angel

FYI - All of the Sugarpill shadows can be purchased separately as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment